PIT: The Cargo Solution
Pittsburgh International Airport is designed to be the nation’s best gateway to international commerce. Some of the largest metropolitan
areas in North America including New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Cleveland, Detroit, and Toronto are within a six-hour drive
of the airport and other major markets such as Chicago and Indianapolis are less than a day’s drive away. With U.S. Customs availability
24/7, the ability to land and off load all sizes of aircraft and easy access to all modes of transportation, Pittsburgh International Airport is the
answer for your cargo needs today and in the future.
PIT Cargo Advantage
Pittsburgh International Airport’s cargo advantage is that it is a strategic location for any business. It is unparalleled in its access to both
consumer and supplier markets.
Located within a day’s drive of PIT:
• 48 percent of U.S. businesses
• 63 percent of the national industrial output
• 23 of the top 50 metro retail markets in the country
• 45 metropolitan markets that exceed $5 billion in sales
• 26 metropolitan areas, each exceeds 1 million people
• 45 percent of the U.S. population
• More than 50 percent of the U.S. buying income
• More than 40 percent of the total retail sales that occurs in the U.S.
International Cargo Capabilities
Pittsburgh International Airport has extensive cargo experience handling everything from apparel to flowers to elephants, flights from
Africa and Asia, and aircraft such as a Boeing 747-800 to an Antonov. With taxi times less than five minutes on average from wheels down
or up, cargo at PIT gets moving to customers fast, ultimately saving time and money.
PIT’s International Cargo Advantage
• U.S. Customs is available 24/7 at no additional fee
• No slots
• No noise abatement
• Can land and off/on load any size aircraft
• Taxi times less than 5 minutes on average from wheels down or prior to takeoff
• Incentives are available for regularly scheduled cargo flights
• Cuba charter flight operations are approved to and from PIT
• Pittsburgh Airport has lower costs than traditional airport gateways
For more details, download the pdf:PIT's Cargo Capabilities
For charter and scheduled service inquiries please contact: